Game Development Experiences
Plain Vanilla is the developer of QuizUp, a highly popular trivia game.
- Technical Artist.
- Quality Assurance within Gameplay department.
- Customer Support.
- Redesigned the support help center with best practices and usability in mind.
Gogogic was a Game Development Studio in Iceland
- Lead Quality Assurance, I oversaw QA through 3 released projects working closely with developers, designers and producers on each project. I was responsible for managing test sessions, maintaining test documents and producing regular reports.
- Worked on Game Design for Godsrule, a browser based MMO game & Tiny Places, a physics-based casual puzzler for mobile devices.
- Worked on Level Design for Tiny Places.
- Worked on Technical Art for Tiny Places.
- Handled Community Management and Web Management
- Quality Assurance tester
FH2 is an award winning World War II modification for Battlefield 2.
- Game Designer, worked on revising gameplay elements
- Community Manager, supervised news updates and focused on interesting new players. FH2 was awarded the Mod of the Year award the same year.
- Testing Supervisor, organized and lead test sessions of an international team of testers.
- Promotional Artist, worked on promotional art for releases as well as ads and banners.
IGI is an organization dedicated to increase knowledge sharing, raise local awareness and create a venue for added industry support.
- Board member.
- Organized a Unity Community Event on behalf of IGI and Reykjavík University.
- Organized and presented a couple of IGI Game Development Competitions.
- Organized and presented monthly meetups for over 2 years.
- Co-founded the organization and participated in shaping it’s purpose and goals.
Personal projects & related work
Creating games isn’t just work. It’s a hobby and a passion.
- Dirty Clothes, a role playing game for iPad. 2D pixel art and Game Design.
- TNUG, a top down ‘space’ shooter with RTS elements. Concept art and Game Design.
- Spitfires, a sidescrolling dogfighting game. Concept, Design, Programming & Art.
- Blitzkrieg II, a C&C: Generals mod. 3D modeling.
- SEB Vietnam Pack, a mod for OFP. 3D modeling.
- Project UK Forces, a mod for OFP. 3D modeling.
- World War II Engineer Corps, an addon for OFP. 3D Modeling.
- Admin at the Operation Flashpoint Editing Center.
Aside from games and games development, I love..
- ..Traveling to new places, experiencing its nature and learn about its culture and history.
- ..People! It’s so much fun to get to know new characters.
- ..Flying, didn’t quite get the hang of if it last time, but will return to it one fine day!
- ..History, I’m mostly intersted in conflicts and technologic consequences.
- ..Everything! Ok, that’s a lie, I don’t love everything, but a lot of cool things interest me.